Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Sound Project

 In my sound project, I was able to learn how to tell a story through sound effects and other auditory techniques. I did so by showcasing a 1-minute I created detailed outline of what my story should be and what sounds I planned on using in the project (Attached below) 

    In the first step of this project, I was set to make an outline and planning sheet in order to organize my thoughts. My partner and I brainstormed many different ideas however we found that a man making eggs for his daughter would both be simplistic but still allow us to be creative with the foley sounds we used as well as finding more personal aspects to add. We knew when both finding sounds online and creating them that we wanted to have sounds that made our scene feel realistic while still being viewed as something someone would hear in a show or movie. When filming the audio I always kept in mind that through post-production we could alter the pitch or speed of the audio to bend the aspects of the effects. (attached is a video of my teammate making our foley sounds) 


    During post-production, I ensured that all sounds were as realistic as possible. Therefore while editing the sounds on Adobe Premiere Pro I muted audio tracks to hear how the sounds appeared individually as well as united. I had to ensure that all voices also sounded as close and realistic as possible to the characters we wanted to include in the scene therefore we also moderated their voices. Along with this we also had to slow down and speed up some clips to ensure that we could imagine the scene visually as well as auditory. (attached is a picture of my editing screen with the different layers of audio)
Heres my sound project: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Creative Reflection

 CCR Here is the link to my digital manual presentation for the first part of my CCR and this is the second link to my podcast which is the...