Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Editing platform

 


Preplanning Production and Postproduction

So after some brainstorming and coming up with a concrete concept in my head, I realized that I should come up with a more specific schedule of what I'm doing each day/week. Also, I began thinking about the coloration of credits and a title screen so my plan is to do my credits during the opening few shots and then my title to be after Nicole passes away.

Platforms: 

The two main platforms I'm going to use are Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects. Since I've had lots of experience with Premiere Pro I'm excited to see what I can do to the coloration and keying. I will be using Adobe After Effects to create titles and graphics I plan to use however my main platform will be Premiere Pro. I still need to learn a little bit more about how to really use After Effects however because I haven't been that advanced in it in the past. So I watched a few videos including a YouTube video "5 Title Text Animation in After Effects" and "How to make an Aesthetic Title on After Effects" where I'm beginning my research on what I need to learn to create my own title. My thought is to use a more minimalistic title and edit each credit into a more natural spot. I'm really excited to use both of these platforms to better my piece and can't wait to update you more on my journey of After Effects!!

Equipment:

I have a few things in my head when it comes to Equipment, So first I am lucky enough to have my own camera at home so I'll be using a Canon T8i as well as a Sony tripod for all filming. My only struggling factor for this film is the audio. Because I know I'm going to use dialogue in my opening I need to figure out how to get the audio from dialogue. With a past in news production, I'm used to using Lavaliers but I don't really know/feel comfortable with using a shotgun mic that will really pick up audio differently from just a rode microphone. I also am planning on using a GVM light kit that is led so I can use a yellow color making Gabby's atmosphere at her home more warm-toned while making the scenes in the hospital very light and white looking to be symbolic of her mother passing away by the end of the scene. 

Schedule:
        For the next couple of weeks, I plan to follow a schedule to give myself enough time to really film and edit the opening to my liking while also developing a great film opening. 

Week of 2/20-2/24:

Find actors to play the role for the film opening. 
Create storyboards, script, and shot list

Week of 2/25-3/2:

Location Scouting

Week of 3/5-3/11:

Meet with cast and crew to set up dates for filming.
Start filming!
Finish filming and make sure there is no need for retakes.

Week of 3/12-3/18:

Start editing.
Figure out fonts.
Add special effects and title.

Week of 3/17-3/23:

Finish editing 
Add music and any other things needed for the opening.

Week of 3/24-4/30:

Get feedback from my advisor
Turn in the project :)

        I think by having this schedule and being more organized in what I'm doing each week I'll be more successful and I can't wait
Until next time 
- Emma 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Creative Reflection

 CCR Here is the link to my digital manual presentation for the first part of my CCR and this is the second link to my podcast which is the...