Saturday, February 17, 2024

Character development

 And so the plot thickens...

    Ok so essentially I'm starting my script writing and storyboarding but I decided that I want to first do a post on each of my characters and their development. So I will have three main characters in my film opening: Gabby, Nicole, and Henry. After my brainstorming phase, I wanted to further define who each of these characters are but also how they develop and thicken the story. I also included storyboards of what each of my inspirations and aesthetics are for each of the characters. I'm excited for casting soon and have begun thinking about casting a possible family of actors to be in my opening or making sure that Gabby looks similar to Henry and Nicole. 

Gabby:

Gabby is a 15-year-old sophomore attending Marriet High School. She is one of the main characters of the film and is the daughter of Henry and Nicole. She is very focused on music and fashion and has formed a very close relationship with her mother and father. She is very inclined to wear a more neutral color tone like greens, orange, and white with slight pops of color in each of the pieces she wears. SHe has more earthy tones to symbolize her more down-to-earth persona as well as her less than chaotic personality in a more than-chaotic situation. The plan is to include brighter more intense colors around her to accentuate her as different from others. She is incredibly caring and intelligent and through her relationship with her family, she forms bonds with people very quickly. Gabby is very emotional and tends to blame herself for things out of her control such as her mother's condition. She is representative of teenagers who may have lost an immediate family member as well as someone who isn't stereotypically popular. 

Henry: 
Henry is in his mid-40s and is Gabby's father. He is married/widowed to Nicole his wife of 15 years and has a close relationship with his daughter Gabby. His main color scheme is neutrals with pops of red to symbolize his undying love for both his wife and his daughter. He is very friendly and supportive of those around him and tends to go around situations that have happened rather than facing them head-on. Throughout the film, he goes through a lot of character development learning how to raise a child without another female in the house.

Nicole: 

Nicole is in her mid-40s and is Gabby's mother. She is dying of Leukemia in the first scene of the film and says her final goodbye to Gabby and Henry. Throughout the rest of the film, she would continue appearing in flashbacks however she is not as prevalent of the two characters. She expresses herself through tears but tries to hold it together in her last message to Gabby about growing up. Her main color scheme is yellows and blues to symbolize both the joy and pain she brought to her family. She was a shining star in this family and without her, Gabby and Henry struggled to continue and nurture their relationship as Nicole brought everyone together. 

So those are my three characters! I've started looking into costuming and where I could possibly find these pieces as well as more set design elements like the vanity for Gabby to get ready with. I'm really excited to start the casting process within the next few days and can't wait to update you further!

- Emma 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Creative Reflection

 CCR Here is the link to my digital manual presentation for the first part of my CCR and this is the second link to my podcast which is the...