Thursday, February 8, 2024

From pre-projects to my portfolio

My growth this year      

    Through this past year in Media Studies I have been working on many different projects that have helped me to grow my skills of editing, planning and creating media. I think one of the main lessons I have learned over this year is the importance of attention to detail and I'm intrigued to see how these technical abilities are going to help me with future projects in Media Studies. For example, through my Foley project where I created a scene using only sounds I realized how important natural and acoustic sounds are to having an aesthetically pleasing video. Also, through my music video just created I began to think more about not only how I'm doing something but why every shot and sequence is done to overall tie back into the purpose of the video. After having just finished my Music Marketing Project in which I had to create an entire music video and campaign I'm really just excited to get into something more film based and begin my two minute film opening. 


So lets talk more about my plans for the film opening. In researching and watching other openings of films I have seen how important setting and tone of pieces are in creating something representative of my genre. I think one of my main goals in my film is to emotionally attach my viewer to my main protagonist and I plan on doing so by utilizing a lot of color theory in my work. In my current thoughts for genre of the film I was thinking of using drama so for my main character I plan to use muted colors and for all other actors I plan to use bright coloring. I want to learn how to grow in my planning out of mise en scene elements before any other stages of production are to be completed. My thought it to also engage with audiences through more relatable content. 

I can't wait to see what's to happen with this piece and I'll update you soon :)

- Emma 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Creative Reflection

 CCR Here is the link to my digital manual presentation for the first part of my CCR and this is the second link to my podcast which is the...