Friday, February 2, 2024

Music Marketing Reflection

    Throughout the past few weeks my three partners and I worked on a Music Marketing/Brand Development Project. In this project we not only looking into a genre of artists and production companies but branded our own artist. In the beginning of the project we were given the country genre to research and analyze and in my research I found out lots of useful information about the genre that is country. For example the general audience for country music are blue collared workers ages 20-40 who are typically more conservative or enjoy a "honky-tonk" type of music. I also looked into how music companies such as Universal Music Group (UMG) and Warner Music markets their artists which is typically through social media, tv presence and engagement with fans. 

    Once I researched about the genre and marketing of country music itself the next step was to create and develop a country artist of my own. Using what I learned in my research I created an artist "Bryce Henderson" who sang the song cold. Along with my team, I storyboarded and created a music video to be his first ever release to the public. Through our research we also investigated how Bryce Henderson who we developed as a new, young country artist attempting to reach a slightly younger audience should use social media, perform ecetera. 

    We decided in pre-production to use a cooling color palate in the video along with elements of vignette to create a very specific artist. All mise-en-scence elements such as costuming and set design were also specific to our artist and who we wanted him to appear as to his audience. We created a minute and a half long music video and really thought deeply as to how this music video alongside other production tactics would benefit his campaign. 

    Next our presentation was to be created where we defined Bryce Henderson as an artist and provided many different examples of social media posts, websites, merchandise, as well as how we planned to reach our target audience. This presentation was integral to our development of this artist and created a better understanding and analysis of how you can properly support an artists marketing technics. 

    Throughout this project I found that I learned a lot more about the country genre as a whole but also how important not just music videos are but the entire brand of an artist. Through my research of other country artist I recognized that certain website designs, collaborations and cross-media convergences really sets a precedent to who they are as an artist and changes audiences perspectives. I also learned that coloration as well as editing techniques is integral to making a good brand as without a coherent image of an artist the overall message that the artist is trying to portray blurs. Some aspects that I belive will help me when developing my Cambridge portfolio include the editing techniques I have learned as well as the utilization of pre-production before filming to ensure that I get the exact and meticulous shots that I need for my project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Creative Reflection

 CCR Here is the link to my digital manual presentation for the first part of my CCR and this is the second link to my podcast which is the...