Thursday, February 29, 2024

Font design

TITLE FONT IDEAS...

 So I feel like so far I'm really coming to like the name "Passing Bye" for the title of my film. I started looking for a font and I'm utilizing the website font space to find something. But I didn't want to go into it without some research. I had an idea of the way I wanted to include my credits and title but I wanted to find a font that could be used for both so I created a uniform brand. I looked into some different font inspirations before I looked for the font for my film though to find something that matched what I was looking for while still being creative and a choice that aids my opening's overall meaning and purpose.

 Inspo

I found inspiration for what I'm looking for on the creative market but because I have to pay for the font instead of using it I'm going to search for something in a similar style. So as you can see here this is the font that I was inspired by and the main things that I liked about this font were the bolding on the lettering as well as the base of the letter. I didn't want something that was rounded because at the end of the day, I wanted that abrupt and straight-to-the-point feeling with the font. I also liked the idea of possibly not using capitals and putting "passing bye." I think that the intensity of having the period and having a bolder way of showing this could be cool to utilize but at the end of the day, I think that decision will be made based off of my progress and how the film really comes out at the end. 

This is possibly another inspiration for my title card. It's from a UK film called Becoming Elizabeth.  I really liked this site because although I only included this image they had a lot of different examples of their journey through titles and credits. I do want to include a bolder font like the first font but I mostly wanted to include this because I'm debating putting something on the lower third such as a flatline and putting the text above it. I'm not sure if I'll like the look of it but it is definitely something I'm interested in looking into. I also like possibly using a slight color to make the image pop more but I'm not against the idea of using color only if it adds to the story though.

Finding the font  

Ok so obviously the next step would be to look for a font to use that I think fits these two inspirational pictures. This took a lot of different steps. I was utilizing Canva to see how my font may look and ironically I found that the font I thought I was going to like shown here I just didn't like. It didn't give off the vibe I wanted to emulate and I decided that I should possibly look for something a little bit simpler than what I tried to do. Although I started this blog saying I wanted a bold font I think that maybe something thinner. So I looked into the font type "Merriweather" You'll see it below I think I like this a lot better. I also think I'm deciding to use a black background and white font even though I think the color could possibly look cool I just don't think it works for the vibe I'm trying to emulate with my title. For my credits, however, I think that I will use colors like either yellow or green to make the credits a bit more cinematic at the beginning of the piece. 
\

Possible vibe?

This is the thought for right now but it's definetlyyy subject to change as I learn and adapt to changes made in the project. But to be so honest with you I really can't wait to see where this project goes. I'll update you soon about the progress with scheduling and I believe we also are doing some group meetings to get critiques and comments about our work

I'll update you soon 
- Emma 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Creative Reflection

 CCR Here is the link to my digital manual presentation for the first part of my CCR and this is the second link to my podcast which is the...