Saturday, March 2, 2024

Schedule problems...

Competition season and my busy busy schedule 

Hey, so little update on my life... So since Thursday, I have been at a DECA competition where we compete in numerous business categories. On the 13th I leave for Long Beach California for a television production competition. It's going to be a busy couple weeks meaning filming is going to be difficult. On the bus ride back I plan to reach out to my actors and see if they can possibly film this next week but I feel like all this scheduling might get pushed back due to the fact I'm physically not going to be in Florida in T-minus 11 days.... Besides that though I feel like pre-planning is coming toward the end... I still want to do a little bit more research about set design and make all the storyboards necessary but other than that my script is done, my brainstorming is done, my costuming choices are done, and I just need to go out or speak with my actors about clothing they may own. I think the set design might be a little time-consuming but other than that I think that filming will go by smoothly once I can actually film... Besides the point, I wanted to look a little bit into the color theory of my genre today. I know that I wanted to use yellows and greens to showcase my protagonist's personality and aesthetic but I also want to utilize colors that fit into my genre to make my point go across further. 

Color theory for the drama genre 

Film Makers Academy states in their article: "COLORS IN FILMMAKING – WHAT DO YOURS REPRESENT?" that the color red signifies drama. Although I think that red could possibly make the scenes more intense however I think that in the case of my film opening, this wouldn't work for the message and the vibe being put across. The color blue symbolizes sadness and peace which is a color that I really want to utilize in the scenes where Nicole and Gabby are in the hospital together. This is something I want to use so that I can get my point across that Gabby and Nicole had a special connection that was taken away from them. 

Colors already chosen for the film

So there were some colors that I already knew I liked and wanted in the film such as green and yellow but I wanted to look into their theories to make sure it made sense before I use them. Film Makers Academy once again states " We use “green” to describe a novice and always for all-systems-go. It is a relatively friendly and positive color, the color of balance and harmony that gives us peace." This is something that I actually really like and would love to utilize because I want Gabby to feel like a peaceful, warm person for the audience to grow that personal connection to her as well as understand the "peace before the storm" so to say. Also, the harmony of the colors yellow blue, and green which are the three colors I plan on having all work together to create a mix of emotions and thoughts to create an overall "serenity" in the piece. Yellow is associated with happiness and joy which is something that I again want to contrast between the beginning and the end of the film. In the beginning using colors such as green and yellow and then switching to colors such as black, white, and blue will make a contrast so the audience can understand the grief and intensity of what has happened. 

So... that's the end of this blog I'll be honest to say that when I get back from my trip I'm going to have to go crazy to get this all done but I feel like with the correct motivation and push (which is what I have right now) I can get it done in time. 
For now, 
- Emma 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Creative Reflection

 CCR Here is the link to my digital manual presentation for the first part of my CCR and this is the second link to my podcast which is the...