Saturday, March 23, 2024

CCR

CCR 

So I'm beginning to finalize my three ideas for my CCR. I wanted to do something creative and fun so that it's not like every other video. In one of my previous blogs, I had discussed doing a type of manual with voice-over and embedded images. The second CCR I want to do is a sort of wired-inspired video. Wired does numerous videos where famous celebrities such as Olivia Rodrigo, Jenna Ortega, and even Josh Hutcherson answer the web's most asked questions about them. I thought this would be a cool and creative way to answer three of the questions. The last type of CCR I plan on using is going to be a Director Commentary where I answer my questions utilizing videos and images over top. I don't want this video to be too stand still and boring so I've contemplated using a phone gimble (which keeps the shot from being shaky) and doing a walking shot where I still use motion whilst talking. The day is coming quickly when I need to submit and finalize all the steps of my project so I've begun thinking about some of the topics in my ccr. I'm going to include my brainstorming of some topics/ideas I have to answer some of these questions.

How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?

  • I think one of the things I'd discuss within my film challenging conventions is the misunderstanding of grief when losing a family member. This is something that is sometimes talked about, losing a parent at a young age can be something that many people don't know how to cope with. With the creation of "Passing Bye" I hope that viewers can get a stronger understanding of the true loss this is as well as the life-altering situation this brings across. This represents the issue of mental health in teenagers as well because Gabby now deals with Depression and Anxiety after the loss of her mom. 

How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text?

  • My target audience for this film was young adults who have either gone through a similar situation or want to support others who are. Due to not being a larger film yet and being something student-created, this will be distributed on Instagram as well as YouTube. I believe as I am targeting a younger audience I think this distribution method is appropriate for reaching these individuals in a cheaper more efficient way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Creative Reflection

 CCR Here is the link to my digital manual presentation for the first part of my CCR and this is the second link to my podcast which is the...