Thursday, March 21, 2024

Filming!!

    Wait I'm like filming in a week...

 The time has finally come and it's officially less than a week till we film "Passing Bye". I'm excited for this entire experience and I am ready to work with my actors on such an incredible piece. I've been working on finalizing some details for my project. So originally I had thought about filming in my brother's room to have a clean slate but then thinking more into it I decided that my room would be easier to convert into Gabby's bedroom as I already have a lot of the props and scenery needed. 


So I started composing a list of all the things I need to do leading up to the production and I think I'm finally getting a lot done. In my room I have a photo wall with pictures of my friends and me but I realized that due to Gabby being played by someone other than me I needed to cover up the pictures. I really love creating flyers and posters on Canva so the thought is the second picture you see to the right is my inspiration leading up to the days of filming I'm going to work on designing and printing out the posters to look similar enough and to cover what is currently on my wall. I'm really excited to report that I found a record player in my house I plan on using for the opening scene and most of the props are set in place. Props for Gabby such as her dress and makeup are all set up and I even bought a makeup organizer to put on the makeshift vanity I created from my current desk. I plan on using my GVM lights to create a more yellow and green tone in the room which will hopefully blend with my grey walls. The plan for today is I'm going to test out different camera angles and shots with a friend to see how things will look when I film so that all of my planning is done before I get into filming. 

Due to my actors not living in Florida but in Denver, I really only have a few days to shoot this film. It's a little bit scary to think about but that's why the plan is filming is going to primarily take place next Thursday this way I have about a week to look through all the footage and make sure that everything looks good before they travel home. I'm starting to think a lot more about the details currently about particular shots I want to get and the acting techniques I want to stress to my actors to make this opening more realistic. 

I really am truly so happy with how everything is turning out and I'll update you soon :))

- Emma 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Creative Reflection

 CCR Here is the link to my digital manual presentation for the first part of my CCR and this is the second link to my podcast which is the...