Sunday, March 24, 2024

Location & Props

UGH, why so close to the filming day...     

Sooo there's been a tad bit of a problem when it comes to one of my filming locations... The original plan for the second filming location was to use my grandpa's (who is a doctor) hospital wing to record in an outpatient room. The problem is I didn't realize that my dates of filming overlapped with his trip to Ireland. So clearly we can't exactly film in his hospital if he's like 4000 miles away... It was time to problem-solve...

My parents and I sat down and talked through different possibilities for what we could do to make this scene work without a hospital and here's what we came up with. Obviously, we can't go into the hospital without him but his medical office is a different story. We called him to speak about using an examination room as our filming scene. We then arranged a meeting with him and the office manager and all came to the consensus they would save a room for us to use on Thursday to film in. 

Because we aren't filming in a hospital bed but an examination bed we didn't really have a lot of the props I was expecting to have access to so I had to get a little bit creative. I got onto Amazon and looked into finding a hospital blanket similar to the ones seen in movies - you know the blue slightly scratchy ones. So I found this "Linteum Textile Hospital Thermal Blanket" and think that it not only matches my color palate but looks realistic to what I would find in a hospital room. I also wanted to create a patient whiteboard to hang next to bed so I jumped onto Pinterest and the internet to create something similar. I found that most patient whiteboards look something like what you can see here. So as you can see these whiteboards contain 
information such as name, care team, activity goals, and others where we could discuss pain level, discharge information, etc. I think this is a good way to add a personal touch to Nicole and I really like the idea of having something more unique to her character. Other than these two props I know I need to have some costuming choices so Kathy the woman playing Nicole is going to wear a robe she owns but I also may look into getting a hospital gown and some tape for her arms to indicate her having received injections or given blood... I've been looking for some advice from friends and family who may find some other important details missing from this scene but for now, I'm going to work on the details I think are important. I'll update you soon and I'm so excited to be less than 5 days away from filming. 

- Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Creative Reflection

 CCR Here is the link to my digital manual presentation for the first part of my CCR and this is the second link to my podcast which is the...